Friday, July 8, 2011

Infinite Jest

I just finished reading Infinite Jest. I thought the book was incredible and incredibly frustrating. Unfortunately, I still have little understanding as to what happened mostly because the book wasn't written chronologically and it took me about 2 months to read and therefore have not constructed the chronology of it. I now kind of wish that I started reading the book in the summer where I could have read it faster, which would have given me a fresher picture of the story to make it more coherent. I now think I am going to have to read somebody else's critique of the book to give me some closure. Nonetheless, the book was fascinating and I believe it has resonated with me to the point where I am going to recall instances that relate back to the words that David Foster Wallace wrote in Infinite Jest.

No comments:

Post a Comment